page updated 4 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions and Information for Riders
- Date and Place– The ride in 2022 is on the 2nd – 3rd of April. This is not a beginner’s ride!
- Start Time – Riders must be mounted and ready to ride by 8.30 am sharp on Saturday morning. No late starters! Riders will then be given a short briefing before the commencement of the ride. There will be no late starters, riders must not ride out of the group and may not start or finish on their own. Riders may not ride in front of the front Out Riders. There are to be no break out groups of riders.
- Pricing – Pricing for the ride can be found on the Registration page. Price includes light breakfast on Saturday, Saturday lunch and dinner, entertainment, bar Saturday night, breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
- Indemnity/Waiver Form – All participants in the ride must complete and sign a disclaimer/waiver (if under 18, must be signed by parent/guardian) and submit it with your registration form. Your signing and submission of this form is deemed to be acceptance of the rules and regulations as shown on the Regulations Page of this website. Your nomination will not be eligible without payment. Places are limited and bookings must be made and paid for by 29 March 2022. There is a late fee of $35 after the 29th of March.
- Wristband – Each participant will be asked to wear a coloured wristband for the duration of the ride (both days). No waiver = no wristband = no participation.
- What do I do with my gear? – Start and Finish will be at Tumbarumba Racecourse, so transfer of equipment will not be necessary.
- Financial Aspects – There will be a bar for charity on the Saturday night, so bring money if you wish. Dinner is provided in the cost of the ride as is breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. There will also be entertainment on the Saturday night. Non-riders may attend for the Saturday night dinner and/or Sunday morning breakfast (see separate prices on registration page). Registration does NOT include camping fee for Saturday night for single and family riders and accompanying family members or horses fees for Saturday.
- Climate – The nights are always cool in the mountains, so bring warm clothes. Rugs and good bedding are also advisable. Bring your own feed and yards for your horse.
- Meals – Breakfast is available on the Saturday morning at 7.30am. There will be a bbq running with egg and bacon rolls and coffee. Lunch on Saturday is provided, as is Roast Dinner on Saturday night. Soup will be available on arrival at the destination. Breakfast on Sunday provided by Tumbarumba Lions at 7.30am, and Lunch is provided. There will be drink stops on the ride both days.
- Provisions – No horse feed at all will be supplied, but water for the horses will be available at lunch stops. BBQ lunch provided both days.
Soft drinks and water available at lunch stops for $2. There are drink stops on the ride for $2 for drinks. Proceeds from the sale of drinks go to the assigned charity. Please, no littering.
- Safety – There will be six Out Riders available for assistance on the ride. They will be wearing a safety vest. There will also be a First Aider on the ride each day. It is a long ride, so the horse needs to be fit.
- Alcohol – NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED ON THE RIDE. Bar available Saturday night.
For any further questions regarding the trail ride, please contact us by emailing us at organiser(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)charitytrailride.org.au or by phoning 0429 699 715 or 0429 328 788.